At the moment we are still in the preparatory phase, laying the foundation for the launch of Politikon:
- We have drafted a magazine proposal, defined our founding principles, and put together our statutes.
- We have had the statutes certified by a notary and have obtained recognition as a non-profit organization from the Berlin Tax Office.
- We have registered the domain www.politikon.net and registered “Politikon” as a word mark with the German Trademark and Patent Office.
- We have created this preliminary prototype website to inform about our plans for Politikon.
- We have entered a cooperative partnership with the German Political Science Association (DVPW).
- We have joined the Transparent Civil Society Initiative of Transparency International Germany.
- We have drafted an Ethics Code for our work.
- We have assembled an Advisory Board of senior colleagues who support our initiative and help us to reach our goals.
In the coming months we will be doing the following things, among others:
- We will create a professional website for the publication of our magazine.
- We will recruit members for our ethics board.
- We will arrange further cooperation partnerships with professional associations and providers of political education.
- We will establish contact with non-profit foundations.